Because God shows His Love through Jesus Christ, St. Andrew's
Lutheran Church, a community of faith, gathered around Word and
Sacrament, lives to WORSHIP, WITNESS, LEARN, and SERVE,
and welcomes all people to share God's love and to be workers together
in this mission of the Church.
It all started when…
St. Andrew’s was officially organized January 12th, 1950. Three interim pastors, the Reverend’s Paul Herbert, Arthur Steinke, and William Ruppar took turns conducting services. In 1951, the Reverend Eugene Brueggemann became our first called pastor. Our first chapel presently houses Casa Rustica on Main Street in Smithtown. The current property at the intersection of Edgewater Avenue and New Mill Road was the gift of Mr. Carlyle Hodgkinson. Mr. Hodgkinson was a prominent citizen of Smithtown that owned the hardware and feed store who inherited the Blydenburgh property. The Blydenburgh family held the property since the Revolutionary War and the last family member had no heirs except his friend Carlyle Hodgkinson. Construction of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church began in June and was dedicated in December of 1954.
Join our Family of Faith
For more information about Baptisms, weddings, funerals, our Confirmation program, Sunday School, Nursery School, Women’s Ministry, our social concerns team or our new members class, visit our Contact page.